Happy New Year, folks!
With the new year comes a reflection of the past year, and resolutions for the coming year. Let’s have a look back at what our 2019 was like, and what we’re looking forward to in 2020.
- Google started verifying third-party apps in the G Suite Marketplace as part of their Project Strobe which involves updates to Google’s user data policy as of October 15, 2019, with the aim for greater security for users of Google Add-ons, especially when it comes to restricted permissions.
- To address the above restrictions, Google Sheets add-ons powered by wizy.io are now completely verified and compliant, and we are confident that they handle our customers’ work/school data more securely:
- G Merge, one of our beloved products, was disabled by Google. To be perfectly candid, this happened much earlier than we anticipated, but rest assured, we have:
- Transferred all paid subscriptions to G Merge Plus, and
- Old G Merge email templates should still be available at //portal.wizy.io/#/emailtemplate and should still be usable with G Merge Plus.
- We are committed to making G Merge Plus the best application it can be, and we will develop our own solutions to the restricted permissions of Google Drive API (to overcome restrictions in selecting a drive or converting to PDF) in the first semester of 2020.
- We will continue to build our Help Centers for Form Workflow Plus and G Merge Plus to add answers to frequently asked questions and offer solutions and workarounds when available.
- We will continue to provide support, and would be happy to provide demos and offer video calls to walk through users of G Merge Plus and Form Workflow Plus.
Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback about our add-ons. You can submit requests via the Help Centers above or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.